Apple Carrot Ginger Soup
Carrot Apple Ginger Soup
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1-3/4 cups | Calories: 239 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 532 mg | Carbohydrates: 35 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 10
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 chopped organic celery stalk
- Unrefined sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ pounds organic carrots- cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 large organic red delicious or Fuji apple-cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth or stock
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place coconut oil in a medium size pot and heat over medium heat until melted and hot. Add chopped white onion, chopped celery, and sea salt to taste. Cook over medium heat until tender around 4-5 minutes.
- Add grated ginger, cinnamon, carrot rounds, apple cubes, vegetable broth, and fresh ground black pepper to the pot. Cook soup over medium heat stirring occasionally until carrots and apple cubes are tender, around 30-40 minutes.
- Scoop cooked vegetables and apple from the soup into a high speed blender and add coconut milk. Put top on the blender and hold top down with a towel or pot holder while you blend the hot vegetables/fruit to prevent the blender top from popping off. Blend vegetables and fruit until smooth and pour back into soup pot. If you have an immersion blender, you can just blend all the ingredients in the pot.
- Stir soup until well combined and heat on low heat until hot but not boiling. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Stir in fresh lemon juice right before serving. Pour into soup bowl and enjoy hot.
- Pour remaining soup into a heatproof container and cool slightly. Cover soup with a lid before placing in the refrigerator.
Video: Carrot, Apple and Ginger Soup | Everyday Gourmet S5 E80
Kendall Jenners Denim-on-Denim Look Is Your Perfect Summer Uniform
How to Play Futsal
Celebrity Skin CareSecrets
Four Skincare Tips to Keep Your Skin Soft and Healthy in the Winter
Baby Born Mid-Flight Will Fly Free for Life
Is a Natural Sleep Aid OK to Use Consistently
Meghan McCain delivers emotional, fiery eulogy at John McCain funeral
How to Choose GlutenFree Candy
How Probiotics Can Improve Your Gut Health
Even though Kohls was much less cluttered and a nicer environment to shop in, the prices were higher than TJ Maxx for products of the same quality, and even though the store was bigger, it didnt seem to have any more of a variety to offer than TJ Maxx did. TJ Maxx was cluttered, but it was less expensive and had a greater variety of products, making it the winner