Fettuccine Alfredo | Vegan, Gluten-Free
Healthier Gluten-Free Alfredo Sauce
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep5 min, Cook10 min
Servings4 (1/3 cup each)
Alfredo sauce isn't a traditionally "healthy" food. It is normally made with butter, white flour and cream. Especially when poured over refined white pasta, alfredo makes for a meal that's both heavy and lacking in protein and fiber, so you may be left hungry in just a couple of hours.
But you can make a creamy, delicious alfredo sauce right at home that's made with simple, better-for-you ingredients. It's lower in fat and sodium, and it also happens to be gluten-free.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until softened and fragrant, about one minute.
- Add cream cheese and broth and whisk to combine until smooth. Stir in parmesan cheese and black pepper and continue to cook over low heat until bubbly and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Greek yogurt.
- Spoon over your favorite cooked pasta or vegetable noodles.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
You may use low sodium chicken broth in place of vegetable broth.
Cooking and Serving Tips
If needed, thin sauce with milk or more warm broth.
Serve sauce over whole wheat pasta, or to keep it gluten-free, chickpea pasta or vegetable noodles.
Add grilled chicken or shrimp for more protein, or toss in some cooked broccoli, mushrooms or spinach for more vegetables.
Top with additional freshly grated parmesan or finely chopped parsley, if desired.
Serve with a green salad for a balanced meal.
Video: Healthy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce Recipe
How to Write a Functional Resume
Chicken-Peanut Salad in Lettuce Cups
Give Your Apartment a New Year Makeover at the Urban Outfitters Home Sweet Sale
Diabetes and Life Expectancy: Ending Myths and Getting Started on Your Best Life Yet
Learn How to Properly Treat a Vaginal Ingrown Hair
Qantas Is Now Offering Inflight Meditation
Signs of Depression: Am I Depressed or Sad
Why Kylie Jenner Reportedly Removed Her Lip Injections
How to Improve Osteoporosis
How to Warm Up Before Playing the Trumpet
You Should Never Pay For These 8 Wedding Expenses
How to March in New York Citys Annual St. Patricks Day Parade