Nerd Making Friends on 1st Day of School
How to Become Friends with the Nerds
Find out who the nerds are.In every school, there are nerds. However, don't immediately assume you know who the nerds are. You may just pick someone who wears glasses and braces, but inside they may be a total Nerd Hater. So spend some time watching everyone like a hawk (don't be creepy though!), and try to discover who the nerds are. It may be someone obsessed with one particular topic - like computers, a fandom, or literature; or it might be someone who loves schoolwork and seems to always be doing homework and extra credit. Make sure you're careful when trying to find the Nerds - don't make a mistake and pick someone totally different.
Educate yourself in the nerd's 'field of expertise'.This is essential. You need a good conversational base to construct a dialogue with the nerd, because they will probably be talking a lot about(especially in the beginning)their chosen field of expertise, or what they may regard as their obsession. Mastery is not necessary - unless of course, you want to, if it fascinates you or you enjoy it- which is even better!
Approach the chosen nerd(s).This shouldn't be too difficult. Talk to them about their obsession,and how you're interested in them. You may want to ask them some questions, for example: if the Nerd is into math(s), you may ask them, "So what do you prefer - Algebra or Geometry?" Or if you have a literature fan on your hands, you may ask them what their favorite authors are, and what their opinions are on a book.
Develop a friendship.Talk more and more about the Nerd's obsession with them. Be nice to them, don't tease or pick on them. Try to ask them intelligent questions, and be interested in their opinion. Add your own opinions too - don't be afraid to speak your mind. Spend more time with the Nerd - try to sit next to or near them, spend a break time with them, or even go to their hang-out place or to their home(s).
Continue with your new obsession, just like them.Don't do anything too "normal"; this might put them off. Nerds are simple folk, and that is all that needs to be done to continue the friendship indefinitely.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Once you become friends with the nerds, you will find your place within their group. Your personality will mould slightly to fit in. You won't change, but you will find things the group is missing, and your qualities that can fill this gap will become more pronounced.
- It will take a long time to gain their trust. Nerds, who are used to being made fun of, are very guarded sometimes. Talking about any personal matters will be seen as an attempt to make fun of them. If you want to know, they'll tell you when they trust you.
- It helps to know what they are interested in, such as mathematics, computers, or science.
- Science has many branches, but nerds are usually into physics. If your nerd group is into physics, will help and let you sleep in science classes.
- Computer nerds usually will rather be called geeks or 'leet' and knowing is helpful.
- Give respect to the nerds and earn respect from the nerds.
- Think like a nerd.
- Most people say nerds are uncool, so beware of people saying you aren't cool.
- All nerds are intelligent. If you are an imbecile do not even attempt to befriend the nerds in any meaningful sense, because 90% of what they will talk about will be beyond you.
Video: Top 10 Signs You're A Nerd
Itd be the best money we ever spent
How to Present a Resume in an Interview
Look for Warning Signs of Sudden Death in Kids
How to Be Country
Caffeine And Your Bones
How to Hold a Cook Off
Logical explanation for why Olympic biathlon uses guns
How to Do a Military Press
Nervous System Anatomy, Diagram Function
12 Gorgeous Winter Wedding Centerpieces
How to Be a Spy Kid
La Casa de Papel seizoen 3 kijken De releasedatum is bekend
Date: 07.12.2018, 19:36 / Views: 34234