How to Comment and Delete comments on Instagram
How to Comment and Delete Comments on Instagram Photos
There are a huge number of photo apps out there, but one reigns supreme over them all: Instagram. One of the main reasons for its popularity is the simple and accessible commenting system. This allows anyone to comment and like your photos. Sometimes however, these comments can get out of hand. Follow this guide to add comments to your favorite photos, as well as delete any comments on your photos that you don’t like.
Open your Instagram app.Make sure you are signed in to your Instagram account. When you open the Instagram app, you will be taken to your Feed.
Browse for the photo that you want to comment on.You can comment on your own photos or any photos from users that you are following. Tap on the photo to open it.
Click the “Comment” button.The Comment button is located below the photo, next to the “Like” button. This will open the comment interface. Your keyboard will open and you can begin typing your comment.
Write your comment.Once you are happy with your comment, tap the green “Send” button. Your comment will be added to the list of comments.
Browse for the photo you have commented on.You can only delete your own comments on other pictures, or other’s comments on your own pictures.
Use your finger to swipe the comment to the left.A red trash can icon will appear on the right side of the comment. Tap the trash can icon to start deleting a comment.
Decide if you want to report the comment.If the comment was spam or offensive, you can report the comment as well as delete it. This is useful if creepy people keep commenting on your pictures. Tap “Delete & Report Abuse” to report the comment. If you’d rather just delete it, tap “Delete” instead.
- You will only be given the “Delete” option when deleting your own comments.
Website Commenting and Deletion
Log in to your Instagram account.Although you won’t have access to as many features, you can log in to Instagram using your computer. You can add comments to photos and delete comments that you don’t want.
Comment on a photo.Find a photo that you want to comment on. You can comment on photos in your Feed, or photos that you have taken. If you’re commenting on a photo in your Feed, you can add the comment in the field directly beneath the photo. If you are commenting on other photos, click the photo to open it and then add your comment in the field to the right of the image.
Delete a comment.Open the photo that you want to delete a comment from. You can only delete your own comments on other pictures, or other’s comments on your own pictures.
- Once you’ve found the comment that you want to delete, hover your cursor over it. An “X” icon will appear at the top-left corner of the comment.
- Click the “X” icon. A menu will appear with the “Delete” option. Click this to delete the image.
QuestionIf I delete someone's comment from my Instagram picture, will the person be notified or otherwise know it is deleted?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThey won't be notified but they will know if they check back at the post and see that the comment is missing.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if I am trying to comment on a web page on Instagram, but there is no comment box on the bottom?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe user in the photo you are trying to comment on probably disabled commenting, so you won't be able to.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I post a photo as a comment?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can't, you can only post words as comments. You can post emojis but that's as close as you can get.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I use instagram on a laptop?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSearch up Instagram in a search engine and click the first thing that pops up, you can't post any photos, but you can like and comment and view accounts.Thanks!
QuestionWhy can't I see a comment I posted on one of my follower's photos?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you remember the person that you had commented to, then you can always go back and search the name and see your comments.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I post a comment on Instagram via a laptop?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGo to the photo you would like to comment on; there should be a box where you type in the comment. Type in whatever you want, then click enter/post.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I remove individuals from my account?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you want someone to unfollow you, then just block them. When you unblock them, they will no longer be a follower of yours.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I edit a comment I made that is already posted?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou will find three dots on the right side of that comment and, from there, you can edit that.Thanks!
QuestionCan I post a comment on a photo if my account is private?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. Once you comment on a photo, people will only see your profile photo/username, and that's about it. If they click your account, it will say "sorry, this account is private", and nothing would be leaked.Thanks!
How is a comment chosen when there are many comments on a photo feed?
What if the X does not appear?
How I get access to a picture of a restricted private account?
How do I post a picture as a comment?
Why can't I find a post someone made to my Instagram account?
- To go to other users profile in Instagram Web Profile method simply replace your username in the the address bar to their user name. You can also follow new users by this method. You can also click on usernames present on your comments page to get directed to their page.
- If you see a particular user commenting spams frequently on your photos then do Report the comments because it can be a spam bot.
- While commenting you can use @Username to comment on a particular user. You can even use hash-tags to create a nice diversion for the photos viewers.
- Sometimes you may not be able to delete a comment. In this case log out of your Instagram account and clean up your device’s cache and then restart to solve the problem.
- If you want to edit the caption then the only way is to comment a new one.
- If your followers are spamming on your photos then you can get rid of them by un-following them. If you are interested in un-following or blocking users then you would like to read .
- Do not report a good comment or else actions might be taken against you after a few warnings, provided you continue to do so.
- Always comment socially and do not abuse or else your comments might get deleted.
In other languages:
Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Italiano: , Русский: , Français: , Nederlands: , Bahasa Indonesia: , العربية:
Video: How to find, edit, & delete a comment you left on someone else's YouTube video. 2017 Quick & Easy
12 Cute Easy Toenail Designs for Summer
10 Books You Have to Read This Summer
Party dresses under 100
How to Make Low Sodium Split Pea Soup
9 Things You Should Know Before You Go Vegetarian
DIY Natural Hair Dyeing Using Henna
How To Style A Midi Skirt For Fall: 29 Ideas
The bigger iPhone 8 Plus works better for how I use my phone
8 Alluring Makeup Looks for Different Occasions
Type 1 Diabetes: 9 Blood Sugar Pitfalls — and How to Avoid Them
3 Simple Ways To Use Glycerin And Rose Water For Your Face And Skin
Tuck Into Heart Health At Breakfast In 3 Minutes
Kenzo’s FallWinter 2019 RTW Line Touches On Environmental Causes
How to remove skin hyper pigmentation with homemade face packs