Get new post updates:
The best tasting, moist turkey meatloaf recipe stuffed with cheddar cheese, spinach and rolled, jelly roll style topped with a recipe ketchup based glaze.
Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
We love turkey meatloaf for dinner, it’s total comfort food. Using turkey in place of beef in your meatloaf lightens it up and it’s delicious! Stuffing it with cheese and spinach – total game changer!!
I’ve had meatloaf on my mind all week and when I have food on my mind, I make it! I love sneaking some extra veggies in my meatloaf, no one minds and in my opinion in only enhances the recipe for turkey dressing 2018 meatloaf. I added mushrooms and spinach inside the meatloaf which means, pick kids can’t pick it out! I served this with veggies on the side, steamed green beans, corn or broccoli would be great.
To make this meatloaf jelly roll style, I think the photos will help as a visual guide. You’ll use a piece of parchment to help you roll it, just take your time rolling, I have faith you can do it! And if you make this, share your photos on Instagram or (are you part of the? If not, you should be!) I am loving everyone’s photos these past few weeks!
Turkey Meatloaf Variations
- You can swap the cheddar for mozzarella and swap the ketchup glaze for marinara for an Italian flair.
- Instead of the ketchup glaze, you can use BBQ sauce to give it a smokey flavor.
- If you think rolling will be a challenge, you can just mix everything together and form 2 loaves.
- Gluten-free oats can be used in place of breadcrumbs to make this gluten-free.
- I prefer the taste of 93% lean turkey over 99% which is much drier. You can of course use it if you desire.
- This makes enough for leftovers, you can reheat this the next day or make sandwiches. Refrigerate 3 to 4 days.
More turkey meatloaf recipes you might enjoy:
5 / 5 ()
Did you make this recipe?
Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
The best tasting, moist turkey meatloaf stuffed with cheddar cheese, spinach and rolled, jelly roll style topped with a ketchup based glaze.
- olive oil spray
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 oz chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking olive oil spray over medium heat and saute shallot until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, mushrooms, shallot, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, salt and marjoram. Mix with your hands until well blended. Place on a 12- x 16-inch piece of parchment paper and pat firmly into a 10- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over ground turkey followed by the spinach. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting from the short end, by lifting wax paper and removing the paper as you roll. Seal ends well. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, brush the sauce over roll, and return to oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Slice into 16 slices and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings, Serving Size: 2 slices
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +:
- Calories: 292 calories
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 30g
All images and text ©Gina Homolka for Skinnytaste
Black and gold short prom dresses 2018
Online hair makeovers for spring 2018
Black hair light blue highlights 2018
Gucci guilty perfume 2018
Curly brazilian hair sew in 2019
Hot hairstyle trends for 2018
90s hip hop fashion women photo